About Willamette Valley Ag Association & Expo
The Willamette Valley Ag Association is a not-for-profit agriculture trade and education organization. It’s members are all exhibitors or sponsors in the event. The organization was started in 2000 by a group of agriculture business leaders with intent to promote the industry through an annual trade show. Since that time the event itself has grown and the organization has been recognized as an agriculture education program as well.
Training and educational opportunities are provided as part of the three day expo. In addition, proceeds from the event are dedicated to the Willamette Valley Ag Association Scholarship program administered by the Oregon Student Assistance Commission. For more info about scholarships click here.
In addition to providing scholarships for students, the board of directors has taken an active stand to invest in the Linn County Fair & Expo Center by making improvements that better support and sustain the facility where the Willamette Valley Ag Expo is held.
Some of those improvements include:
- 4 Enlarged access doors to the Calapooia Arena, Cascade Livestock Pavilion and the Santiam Building.
- Improved signage for indoor and outside traffic during events
- New front entry façade for the Cascade Livestock Pavilion
- Increased lighting in the Cascade Livestock Pavilion
- Increased electrical equipment for trade show use
- Creation of temporary heater doors converting seasonal non-heated buildings into year round production.
The Willamette Valley Ag Association contracts with Ingalls & Associates, LLC to provide association management services and event production.